UX stands for “User Experience.” So, UX Design is more concerned with how users interact with the design than with interface design. We can say that it is a work of design. The design, which is a superfluous tool, turns into a working design thanks to UX Design and starts to increase interaction. People who make UX Design are called UX Designers. Although it is a field related to design, it does not mean designing. They work by using design elements to improve your site’s user experience and increase interaction.
What does UX design involve?
When we look at the scope of UX design, we can see that UI and UX design works are integrated. UX works to transform the design into interaction, testing, and improving user behaviour. It combines creative thinking and analytical thinking in itself, and this is its most important stage. It solves the user mentality with empathy and has a strong problem-solving feature. UX design evolves with influences from technology, business, and design. Creates user stories and avatars, also is a good audience descriptor. UX designers are the ones who should best analyse interaction design and information architecture. UX should be flexible, applicable, and measurable. If a UX study is successful, it provides a significant increase in customer loyalty, increases in market share, and stronger competitiveness. However, just like SEO studies, UX is an endless process in design, it must be constantly updated and improved.
The success of studies targeting user behaviours such as SEO and UX can only be achieved with continuity. Regular UX and SEO work must be done to increase the positive experiences of users who come to your website. But don’t forget that UX design is quite different from web design. While web design thinks of the customer, UX design thinks of the user. Those who care about the user will continue to win, even today, where the competition is increasing and the user’s options are increasing.
Some of the important reasons to invest in UX are,
- Improving the customer experience
- Reducing customers’ bounce rate
- Increasing sales in e-commerce
- Reducing customer service costs
- Rank high in searches
Let’s check out Amazon’s website and its UX design, which is one of the most visited sites;
You have probably shopped from Amazon before and experienced that it is easy to use. This easy usability brought in $258.22 billion in 2018. So, what does this have to do with UX design? Here, Amazon’s “easy use” has been thanks to its UX and UI design, and in this way, amazon received over 2.5 billion customer visits in May 2020, making it the most visited e-commerce site on the internet. Now, let’s look at some of the most important features about Amazon’s UX design and development;
- Easy navigation and search options: One of the most important aspects of Amazon’s UX design is that you can easily navigate through the app and find the products you are looking for.
- Easy drop-down menu: Another feature of Amazon’s UX is its drop-down menu. Unlike other e-commerce sites, Amazon offers a descriptive summary for each section of its menu. This helps you find what you are looking for with good information.
- Similar items of a product and recommended products: For example, when you can’t find a product to your taste, Amazon will solve your problem by providing a list of similar products you are looking for. This process not only helps a user find products easily but also persuades the user to buy more. Another amazing feature of Amazon’s UX design is that it follows the user’s transaction patterns. This feature provides the user with a list of similar new products or recently restocked products. This persuades the user to make a transaction instantly, boasting the sales with it.
- User-generated reviews: When searching for any product on Amazon, customers often look at reviews before purchasing. User-generated reviews are one of the biggest marketing tools used by Amazon. Frequent reviewers then receive a “Best Reviewer Badge”. Users holding this badge get free products and services from Amazon and many more.
- Scan to find products: Another convenience provided by Amazon’s UX design is that with the “scan to find” option, users can easily find their products by taking a picture or scanning the barcode of the required product. In this way, customers can save time. You can easily find this option on the left side of the search box. At the same time, this feature increases the user experience of the application, making it the most preferred.
- Simple and readable type and theme: Instead of creating fancy theme, Amazon focused on selling products and connecting well with its customers and used simple and attractive themes. We can say that Amazon’s user interface is simple.
- Voice recognition search facility: Amazon’s UI/UX designers came up with a unique technology named “voice recognition search facility.” This feature is a modern Artificial Intelligence application that has made Amazon a very popular company. They introduced Alexa to meet your needs by simply listening to your request.
- Separate section for groceries: This feature of Amazon has gained high popularity, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Amazon pantry delivers daily necessities to customers immediately. Also, Amazon offers discounts, coupons, etc. when shopping from the pantry. That’s why Amazon didn’t just start as an online e-commerce site, it also started as an online grocery store.
- Fast product tracking and quick time customer service procedure: Amazon allows you to track the location of your product after purchase. These locations give you the appropriate information along with the delivery agent’s contact information. Amazon also has the option of express delivery services such as one-day delivery and two-day delivery options. Another positive aspect of Amazon’s UX design is that users get quick answers to their questions with the help of Amazon’s customer service procedure. You can chat or call a customer service manager in real-time to clear your doubts. This feature has helped Amazon fully satisfied its customers and made them loyal to the brand.
As a result, in this article, we focused on UX design, but UX design works integrated with UI design and both are very important. To increase customer satisfaction and customer retention, companies should focus more on UX and UI design. So, this is exactly where we are here to help you!